Whenever we think of Pakistan, all that comes to our mind is terrorism, extremism, sectarianism, corruption, load shedding, and inflation but despite all these issues, we immensely love our country.
Amidst all the chaos we have forgotten the beauty of our landscape.
Pakistan is full of breathtaking locations which will make you fall in love with this country all over again. If you are a tourist or love traveling then you must compile a list of places you plan to visit next year.
1. Naltar valley
- Naltar is famous for its colorful lakes, it is situated at a drive of 2.5 hours from Gilgit. World’s tastiest potatoes are cultivated here. Covered with pine trees, this valley doesn’t seem to be a part of this world.
- If you really want to experience paradise in this world, you should visit Naltar at least once. This place will make you fall in love with it.
2. Neelum Valley
- Opposite to the Keran sector of Indian-held Kashmir. From the Chella Bandi Bridge – just north of Azaad Kashmir’s capital Muzaffarabad – to Tau Butt, a valley stretches out for 240 kilometers; it is known as the Neelum Valley (literally, the Blue Gem Valley).
- Neelum is one of the most beautiful valleys of Azaad Kashmir, and it hosts several brooks, freshwater streams, forests, lush green mountains, and a river. Here, you see cataracts falling down the mountains; their milky-white waters flowing over the roads and splashing against the rocks, before commingling with the muddy waters of River Neelum.
3. Shangrila resort, Skardu
- In the extreme north of Pakistan, Skardu the central valley of Gilgit-Baltistan is an epitome of beauty, serenity, and wilderness.
- After Jaglot on the Karakoram Highway, a narrow road turns towards Skardu. During the seven-hour journey, one is greeted with several streams, springs, and the hospitality of the local people.
- After crossing the old wooden bridge built over the River Indus, one reaches Shangrila, a paradise on earth for tourists. It is a famous tourist spot in Skardu, which is about 25 minutes away by drive.
4. Gojal Valley
- The Gojal Valley borders China and Afghanistan, with its border meeting the Chinese border at Khunjerab — 15,397 feet above sea level — and remains covered with snow all year long.
- In the northwest, there is Chiporsun, whose border touches the Wakhan region of Afghanistan. Wakhan is about six square miles in area, after which it starts Tajikistan. The Karakoram Highway which connects Pakistan to China also passes through Gojal Valley and enters China at Khunjerab.
5. Deosai Plains
- Deosai is located on the boundary of the Karakoram and the western Himalayas, and at no point, it is less than 4000 meters above sea level. It remains covered with snow for 8 months. The rest of the year, it hosts a range of beautiful flowers of all hues and colors, but not a single tree is found in this plateau spread over 3000 sq. km.
- Sheosar lake is also part of this. This lake is one of the highest lakes in the world. The deep blue water, with snow-covered mountains in the backdrop, and greenery with wildflowers in the foreground offer such a view in summers, that one is left amused for the rest of his life.