Most parts of Norway offer diverse accommodation, ranging from historic fjord hotels and urban boutique hotels to camping, glamping, and mountain cabins. Room rates are often fair compared to other countries, but we recommend that you book in advance.
Hotels come in all shapes, sizes, and price ranges. Choose between luxury or boutique hotels, good standard chain hotels in a city or near an airport, family-friendly hotels, traditional historic hotels, or ski resorts in the mountains.
Norway has hotels for all tastes and budgets, whether you prefer cheap accommodation, luxury or boutique hotels, family-friendly hotels, traditional historic hotels, or just want to book a room for the night in an ordinary hotel in a city or near the airport. You can also find one-of-a-kind dwellings close to nature or in the countryside.
Rates and discounts
Hotel prices in Norway are not particularly expensive, and breakfast is usually included in the price. The numerous large hotel chains throughout the country often have individual holiday passes and discount schemes.
We advise you to book well in advance, though, especially if you are coming to Norway during the summer months or if you are travelling to Tromsø in winter to see the northern lights.
Conference and meetings hotels
Norway is rising to prominence as a conference country. Many Norwegian hotels have specialized in arranging meetings and conferences.
Top Rated Hotels
1. Radisson Blu Resort, Trysil
- A 5-minute walk from SkiStar Trysil resort, this upscale ski-in, the ski-out lodge is 2.1 km from Flendalen Sameieskog forest and 3 km from Trysil Engerdal museum.
- Rating: 4.4
- Phone: +47 62 44 90 00
- Location: Hotellvegen 1, 2420 Trysil, Norway
2. Grand Hotel Oslo
- In a landmark 1874 building on bustling Karl Johans Gate, this sophisticated hotel is a 5-minute walk from the National Museum of Art and an 11-minute walk from the Royal Palace.
- Rating: 4.5
- Phone: +47 23 21 20 00
- Location: Karl Johans gate 31, 0159 Oslo, Norway
3. Thon Hotel Orion
- Guests appreciated the friendly, professional staff·Guests spoke highly of the reception staff·Guests enjoyed the fitness center
- Ratings: 4.5
- Phone: +47 55 30 87 00
- Location: Near the city center; shopping & sightseeing nearby·Near public transit & the airport