If you travelling through the UK on your way to another country, you might need a visa, for example, if you have a layover between flights. The UK visa application process and services, you need to use to apply for a UK visa.
In order to apply for a UK visa you need to follow these basic steps:
1. Find out whether you need a UK Visa.
2. Use the right form of UK Visa.
3. Fill out the application form online.
4. Collect the documents you need to apply for a UK visa.
5. Schedule a visa appointment.
6. Attend an interview with a UK visa.
What Are the Documents Required for the UK Visa?
You must submit these following documents to apply for a UK visa:
- Application to apply for a UK visa. You will have to complete the form online on the Visa4UK website, or the manual application form, depending on the type of UK visa you are applying for.
- 2 pictures. These photographs should be taken in colour and within the last six months.
- Your Passport Valid. It must be valid for another three months after your travel, beyond the date you intend to leave the UK. Additionally, it must have at least one blank visa tab.
- Evidence that you have the financial means to meet the costs of living when you are in the UK.
- Proof of residency. You’ll need to submit a document showing where you’ll be accommodated when you’re in the UK. Remember that you don’t have to pay for a hotel/hostel in the UK in full until you get the visa, just to get a document like that.
- Comprehensive itinerary. Submit a travel schedule that includes all the details on how and what you want to do in the UK. Include travel dates, places to visit, schedule for meetings, booked trips, scheduled for the festival, etc..
- Results of a tuberculosis test. To be eligible for a UK Visa, citizens of many world countries may need to send requests for a Tuberculosis Check. Click here to view the results of the TB tests.
- Biometric news. You will need to submit your biometric details if you are applying for a visa that allows you to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months. This involves giving your fingerprints and taking a digital photo at the correct application centre.
- Approved copies of any documents which are not in English or Welsh.
Relevant documentation must be submitted in compliance with your work status as follows:
If you are employed:
- Your employer’s message. This letter will confirm your work status, salary, and period of employment.
If you are a self-employed person:
- Documentation to register for business. They will confirm the name of the company owner and the date on which the business started to trad.
If you’re a student:
- A letter from your teacher. The letter will confirm your registration and your leave of absence.
Additional Application Criteria Under the age of 18 Applicants under the age of 18 must request a few additional documents. Those documents are
- Certificate of Birth.
- Papers for adoption (if applicable);
If travelling alone or with anyone other than a parent:
- A letter signed by the parent(s) verifying the identity of any person accompanying the minor.
- A copy of their passport’s biographical page of the parent(s) or legal guardian.
Information to Show at the UK Port of Entry
- You’ll need to show certain paperwork to the border control police at the UK port of entry.
- If you are the EU / EEA national you can use the EU / EEA portal to check your records. You just need to have your passport or ID. Children aged 17 and under must be accompanied by adults.
Non-EU / EEA nationals require the following documents when displaying their entry at the UK port:
- Appropriate Passport.
- Deposit Check. You are going to get it from your network. You will fill it in before you reach the border control.
- Visa, (where applicable).
Would you extend your Visa?
It’s possible to extend your UK visa when you are in the UK. The procedure, however, varies depending on the type of visa you possess. When you have a regular visa for tourists in the UK, you would be able to apply for a visa extension as long as the total time you spend in the UK is under 6 months. Therefore, in this way you can apply for a UK visa by following these basic steps.
Source: visa guide.world