Argentina is the southernmost country of South America, and one of the largest countries in the world, enclose over one million square miles. To visit Argentina, you must have to apply for a visa – unless you are from a visa-exempt country. This article will detail you about Argentina visas- types, requirements, and how to apply.
Types of Argentina Visas
- short-term visas (also known as an Argentina Tourist Visa). This type of visa can be obtained after arrival in Argentina at the Argentine consulate in the assignee’s country of residence or at the Argentine Immigration office.
- long-term visas (Residency Visas). A Contracted Personnel — Temporary Residence Visa is required for longer-term work. It’s for foreigners who are employed in Argentina by companies or those who are doing work, internships.
Argentina Residency Visas (long-term visas)
The long-term visas, issued to foreigners who want to set up house in Argentina. The common types of residence visas for Argentina are:
- Work Visa: Issued to foreigners who have found work in Argentina. Your employer can arrange your work permit on your behalf. Note: Upon arrival in Argentina, employees need to apply for a DNI / National Identity Document and a CUIL / Unique Work Identification Code, too.
- Student Visa: who want to pursue their studies in an Argentinian institution. If you have any queries, please contact your IES Abroad Advisor.
- Argentina Family Visa: This is for those who want to join a close family member, who is a citizen or permanent resident of Argentina. However, Applications for a family reunification visa can only be sent to the Argentinean Consular Office at the foreign national’s place of residence
Argentina Visa Requirements
When applying for visa, you need to collect supporting documents. The documents you submit depends on the purpose of travel. But, the standard set of documents for all Argentina visa applications includes:
- Argentina Visa application form must be completed and signed.
- You can also download the application form from the embassy website.
- Your passport must be valid for at least another six months, starting from the date you intend to go to Argentina. Also, It must have at least two blank pages.
- Photocopies of passport (and if required, previous passports also) showing the personal details and any previous visas
- Two pictures of yourself, with the following specifications: Dimensions: 4cm x 4cm, White background, Coloured, must be recent, Neutral facial expression
- Return flight tickets
- Proof you have any accommodation/house to stay in Argentina
- Proof of enough financial means to cover the duration of your stay, through bank statements
Apply for Visa
You have to apply for visa at the diplomatic mission of Argentina in your country, such as an embassy. The process of application :
- Set up an appointment with the Argentinian embassy.
- Collect all the needed documents and pay the visa fee
- Submit the documents and also attend the visa interview
The application process changes depending on the country in which you live. That is why the first step is to contact the relevant diplomatic mission of Argentina. Also, visit their website to learn about the specific application submission rules. Some diplomatic mission offices may allow you to submit all the documents through the post. To apply for tourist visa click here https://www.tripadvisor.in