There are a total of 53 banks in Turkey. Out of which 34 operate as deposit banks. There are 13 development and investment banks and nine private banks. There is a central bank, founded in 1930, among all the Turkish banks. We will help you to choose from the top banks in Turkey.
Documents you need to open a Turkish bank account:
- Any identification proof like ID card, passport or birth certificate.
- Turkish Tax Number.
- The residency permit is optional. It depends on your bank.
Read more below on how to open a bank account in Turkey.
What is the best way to transfer money internationally?
An easy and convenient option to transfer money abroad is Wise. It’s a good and cheap international account. You can transfer money or spend it abroad cheaper than traditional banks. You can also receive money for free around the world. You can always see the actual exchange rate. A Wise No hidden fees are there.
Best Turkish Banks
Yapi Kredi Bankasi is one of Turkey’s first banks to conduct international business. It offers a large selection of options for ex-pats, making opening a bank account in Turkey easy.
- Utility bill payments
- Standing payments
- Rent payments
- Money transfer
- Online banking is available.
İşbank is Turkey’s biggest bank and the country’s first bank to open. It operates many English-speaking branches for ex-pats. İşbank provides plenty of ex-pat banking services.
- Online banking
- English-speaking branches
- Money transfer
- Payments tracking.
HSBC branches are available all over the country. The bank is a convenient choice for ex-pats with a foreign bank account. English-speaking staff is available at all times. You can fill the application online.
- HSBC Advance, Premier and Credit Card accounts.
- Commercial and Business banking.
- 24/7 online banking.
The bank is built-in 1948 with the headquarters in Istanbul. The Turkish bank currently runs 800 branches in Turkey. It has been ranked seven years in a row as “Most Important Banking Brand in Turkey.” Also 126th most valuable banking institution.
Denizbank is a large private banking firm founded in Istanbul in 1938. It has its headquarters in Istanbul and Sişli.
The bank has 740 branches across Turkey.
Today, the bank offers a wide range of financial services including:
Retail, Private, Business, Agricultural, Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, and Public finance.
Check how to open a bank account in Turkey?
Follow these steps to open an account.
In Turkey, whether you are a student or an employee or a tourist, one of the necessities is to open a bank account. By paying the fees, like college fees, rent, all purchases and currency exchange, you can benet from it.
- Choose the bank for you. Open the website or app and fill all the information. Or you can go to the nearest branch.
- Submit an address paper to the bank as proof.
- Go to the tax department with your passport. For getting a tax number for foreigners for free and the process will take place within minutes.
- You can go to any bank you choose and open an account in dollars, euros or Turkish lira after receiving the tax number.
- A bank account can be open in Turkey for a non-resident. So it is not necessary to be in Turkey to complete the process of opening a bank account. Conducting transactions online from outside Turkey makes it possible to open an account for foreigners. But some banks may need a Turkish mobile phone number to send a text message to confirm.