There are a total of 53 banks in Turkey. Out of which 34 operate as deposit banks. There are 13 development and investment banks and nine private banks. There is a central bank, founded in 1930, among all the Turkish banks. We will help you to choose from the top banks in Turkey.
Documents you need to open a Turkish bank account:
- Any identification proof like ID card, passport or birth certificate.
- Turkish Tax Number.
- The residency permit is optional. It depends on your bank.
Best Turkish Banks
Yapi Kredi Bankasi is one of Turkey’s first banks to conduct international business. It offers a large selection of options for ex-pats, making opening a bank account in Turkey easy.
- Utility bill payments
- Standing payments
- Rent payments
- Money transfer
- Online banking is available.
İşbank is Turkey’s biggest bank and the country’s first bank to open. It operates many English-speaking branches for ex-pats. İşbank provides plenty of ex-pat banking services.
- Online banking
- English-speaking branches
- Money transfer
- Payments tracking.
HSBC branches are available all over the country. The bank is a convenient choice for ex-pats with a foreign bank account. English-speaking staff is available at all times. You can fill the application online.
- HSBC Advance, Premier and Credit Card accounts.
- Commercial and Business banking.
- 24/7 online banking.
The bank is built-in 1948 with the headquarters in Istanbul. The Turkish bank currently runs 800 branches in Turkey. It has been ranked seven years in a row as “Most Important Banking Brand in Turkey.” Also 126th most valuable banking institution.
Denizbank is a large private banking firm founded in Istanbul in 1938. It has its headquarters in Istanbul and Sişli.
The bank has 740 branches across Turkey.
Today, the bank offers a wide range of financial services including:
Retail, Private, Business, Agricultural, Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, and Public finance.
Check how to open a bank account in Turkey?
Follow these steps to open an account.
In Turkey, whether you are a student or an employee or a tourist, one of the necessities is to open a bank account. By paying the fees, like college fees, rent, all purchases and currency exchange, you can benet from it.
- Choose the bank for you. Open the website or app and fill all the information. Or you can go to the nearest branch.
- Submit an address paper to the bank as proof.
- Go to the tax department with your passport. For getting a tax number for foreigners for free and the process will take place within minutes.
- You can go to any bank you choose and open an account in dollars, euros or Turkish lira after receiving the tax number.
- A bank account can be open in Turkey for a non-resident. So it is not necessary to be in Turkey to complete the process of opening a bank account. Conducting transactions online from outside Turkey makes it possible to open an account for foreigners. But some banks may need a Turkish mobile phone number to send a text message to confirm.