Hong Kong is one of the world’s peak edible capitals. Beyond the way, there are breathtaking landscapes, including beautiful mountains and large parks. The best time to visit Hong Kong is during the months of mid-December to February. When the masses disperse and dry conditions ensure you can comfortably explore all Hong Kong.
Weather in Hong Kong
Subtropical Hong Kong is a warm place. There are four different types of seasons – warm and humid spring, warm and wet summer, sunny and pleasant autumn, and dry and cold winter. Figuring out the best time to visit Hong Kong basicaly depends on your trip plans. The heavy rainfall in summer and spring will have you running for cover. On the other hand, they provide the absolute or perfect time to experience Hong Kong’s shopping scenes and fascinating temples. The dry conditions and moderately cold temperatures of winter are best time for spending and exploring the destination’s islands. Autumn offers the best environment for the outdoors, with exciting festivals.
How much are flights to Hong Kong?
Peak Seasons (March to May; September to mid-December)
Spring, summer, and autumn are very engaged time in Hong Kong. The highest vacation period for mainland Chinese Iis during the month of spring and autumn. Many festivals take place during these months. Be prepared to pay around 50% more for traveling to the city and islands around this time. Make sure to book your flights and rooms well in advance to get the best deals.
No matter the weather, the best time to visit Hong Kong can be any time in the year, with these amazing annual events and festivals!
Annual Events in Hong Kong
1.) Hong Kong Dragon and Lion Dance Festival (January)
- If you visit Hong Kong to take part in the lunar New Year celebrations and watch the fireworks, you’ll be in for more treats. The Dragon and Lion Dance Festival takes place on the first day of January.
- Expect to see hundreds of colorful dragons, lions, happy Buddhas, celestial guardians, and acrobats dancing and parading through the streets of Hong Kong.
- It’s one of the most significant events for the destination, even making its way into the Guinness World Records (in 2011, there were more than 1,000 dragons and lions!).
2.) Hong Kong Arts Festival (February-March)
- If you’re a lover of the arts, make sure you experience this international event.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival will make you discover the best of Hong Kong’s talent.
- And treat you to appearances from theatre troupes from around the world. Enjoy performances of artistic genres, including Western and Chinese opera, classical music, jazz, dance, theatre and more.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival may starts from mid- to late-February and continues until mid- to late-March.
3.) Lan Kwai Fong Beer & Music Festival (July)
- July might be the best time to visit Hong Kong since you can enjoy yourself with this beer and music festival! You’ll get to yield in more than 100 world-famous beer brands, restaurants, and street booths.
- You can enjoy live music from more than 20 bands, can take part also in many games and browse through the fun arts and crafts stalls.
- The Lan Kwai Fong Beer & Music Festival is for the whole family. This event mainly takes place on the streets of Lan Kwai Fong in July.