Mexico stands out from many other developed countries. The country has beautiful beaches, exotic resorts, and land covered with white sands. But it also has world-class delicious street food and is famous as T-foods. You will find many food items starting with T (Tacos, Tejuino).
So, it’s a perfect destination for not only vacations but also for living. In case you are moving to Mexico, the first thing you will need is a house to stay in. There are so many good cities in Mexico where you can rent a house and live peacefully. You will easily find a rented house anywhere in Mexico and the price varies from one city to another.
According to Transferwise, the average cost of a one-bed apartment in Mexico City is around is $463. On checking the price of the second biggest city of Mexico ‘Ecatepec’ its much lower. The average cost of a one-bed apartment is around $160 a month. The living cost in Ecatepec is 70% less than the living cost in the capital. Coming to the ‘Gateway to Mexico’, Tijuana, a one-bed apartment in the city center will cost you around $250. Accommodation outside the city center, you can find it in much less price which is only for $170.
Check the list below to get an idea about the cost of living in Mexico:
- Monthly Rent for 900 sqft fully furnished house in an expensive area: Mex$ 24,710.
- Monthly Rent for 900 sqft fully furnished house in a normal area: Mex$ 12,990.
- Basic utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ) for 2 people in 900 sqft flat: Mex$ 1,168.
- Monthly rent for 480 sqft fully furnished studio in an expensive area: Mex$ 15,264.
- Monthly rent for 480 sqft fully furnished studio in a normal area: Mex$ 7,950.
- Basic utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ) for 2 people in 480 sqft flat: Mex$ 725.
- Internet 8 Mbps cost for 1 month: Mex$ 377.
- Hourly rate for cleaning help/housekeeping: Mex$ 72.
Some best sites to find a place to live?
You can very easily find a rented place in Mexico as it is very common there. You can check for to let boards or can take help from any of your colleagues. But the easiest and fastest way to find a place to live in Mexico is to check the advertisement online. You can just pick the locality in which you are finding a place to live. There are some genuine websites that will help you to find a house or an apartment very easily.
- Point 2 Homes covers the whole country and is one of the most trusted websites. It is widely used by ex-pats and has some 1,500 properties to choose from.
- Century 21 covers the whole of Mexico and has all property types.