To Find food shelters near me, you will have to simply type ‘Food shelters in <city name> or ‘Night shelters in <city name> on Google map. In this map, You can also able to see which centre is ‘ verified by government’.
Google map is available in 8 Indian language. The languages include Gujarati, Kannada, Urdu, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. However, Map labels will be shown in your country’s local language, but you’ll find place information in the language you selected.
Location of food shelters available in India
- Here is the map of Maharashtra in Marathi language.
2. Map of Gujarat in Gujarati language
3. Map in Kerala in Malayalam language
4. Map of Bengal in Bengali language
5. Map of Tamil Nadu in Tamil language.
6. Map of Karnataka in kannada language
7. Map of Andhrapradesh in Telugu language
8. Map of Jammu and Kashmir in urdu language
Also, You can try Mapmyindia app, as now government is also partnered with them.
The Supreme Court on Thursday also ordered states to provide free food shelter to lakhs of migrant workers stranded in various parts of the country.
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted people’s lives and has affected aspects such as livelihood, regular access to food and transportation. The one whose life is worst affected by the pandemic situation are the migrants workers. As they wants to go back to their hometowns and had taken off on foot due to the lack of transport. These public food and night shelters may provide some respite to the homeless.