Germany Visa Types
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Germany, you can apply for different types of visas. You are planning to visit Germany to study or work or even to settle there. However, you have to apply for a visa according to your requirements.
These are the most frequent used Germany visa types:
- Tourist & Visitor: This visa is ideal if you are going to enter Germany to visit friends or relatives. Also if you have the plan to sightsee and experience the country and its culture this visa can be used.
- Family Reunion: This visa allows entry of family members of German residents, who wish to join them in Germany.
- Job Seeker: The Job visa also allows its holder to go to Germany and seek a job.
- Studying & Language Learning: This visa is ideal for foreign students. If you are entering Germany with the sole purpose of attending a language course. Or if you are going to opt for studies at an educational institution in Germany.
- Working: In case you are planning to move Germany for a job purpose you can enter through this visa. Or you have gotten a job in Germany.
- Business: Apply for this visa if you are going for business purpose in for a period longer than 90 days within 6 months. Similarly, you can also opt for this visa of participating at a Cultural, Sports, and as part of a Film Crew.
- Guest Scientist: This visa gives entry to scientists or researchers. The scientists or researchers must have an invitation from Germany.
- Internship: This visa allows you to attend an internship or training in Germany.
- Medical Treatment: This visa can be very helpful for foreigners that want consultants in Germany.
You have to show some unified document in order to get a German Visa. Documents requirements differ from one Schengen country to another. It is recommendable to fulfill each request asked by the embassy. The German embassy keeps updating the checklist of the Germany Visa requirements. You can check it on the official website of the German embassy.
List of documents that are mandatory for any Germany visa application:
- Application Form –The application form must be filled with correct and honest answers. The information filled should match the information in the other required documents. You can download the Germany Visa Application form by clicking on Application Form.
- Passport – The passport validity should be of three months beyond your planned stay in the Schengen.
- Photo – The photo you provide should be recent. Clicked within the last three months. The photo should follow the other photo standards set by the German embassy.
- Health Insurance – You must have your health insurance documents. The insurance should cover travel health insurance which includes illnesses and accidents. The insurance should even have repatriation in case of death. It should cover the whole Schengen area with a minimum coverage of € 30.000.
- Travel Itinerary – The travel itinerary includes the proof of your round trip flight tickets. The other documents that show the intended transport. You must have proof of what you have to plan to do in Germany within the period that you wish to remain.
Visa Application Process
Applying for the Schengen visa may be hectic. You can take help from the designated Embassy in your home country.
- You can ask a checklist from the embassy of the required documents for the type of visa you wish to apply for.
- Fill the application form with the correct information.
- You should schedule an interview at the German embassy in your country of residence. You can schedule the appointment three months before your trip.
- Save the receipt after paying the visa fee. You may have to show it at the time of the appointment.
Post By: Maiti Jha