Use Government Official Site
- Your receipt of recent bank statements as proof of financial standing.
- Your marriage certificate in case married to Indian National.
- If minor you can provide a birth certificate and marriage certificate of parents.
How long does it take to get a visa to India?
A. Online Application Form:-
- This application form is meant for those foreigners who are applying for a visa from outside India
- Each online application form is meant for one person only. A separate application has to be filed for each applicant.
- Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, addresses, and date of birth.
- Applicants are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application. They have an option to save the online application form, in case it is not to be submitted.
- Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not allowed. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form.
- Applicants are requested to keep the Application Id (generated automatically after the submission of the online form) for further communications.
Online India Visa Application allows the Applicant to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the regular visa application.
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format JPEG
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- The photo should present a Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from the top of hair to the bottom of the chin.
- The background should be plain light-colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or the background.
- Without borders.
- Make sure that the photo presents full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin. The Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
B. Appointment Scheduling:-
- The applicant can schedule the appointment as per his/ her convenience with the concerned Indian Mission.
- Each applicant to schedule a separate appointment with the Indian Mission
C. Process for filling up online application form:-
- The applicant shall access the Visa Application system online through the following link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Applicant visits the above-mentioned web link and selects the Indian Mission from where he intends to apply for the Visa from the tab Select Mission.
- Applicant fills the application on-line as per the forms standardized by the Ministry.
- After filling the form and submitting it, the system shall automatically generate an Application Id. Applicants are requested to keep this Application Id for further communications with the concerned Indian Mission.
- The system will automatically ask the Applicant for the following confirmation: Select ‘Yes’ if the applicant wants to seek an appointment and make payment online or ‘No’ if the applicant just wants to print the submitted application form.
- If the applicant’s response is ‘No’, then it is requested by the applicant to take the print out of the submitted online application form and approach the concerned Indian Mission for submission of the online form along with supporting documents.
- If the response from the applicant is ‘Yes’ then the system automatically takes the link to perform the following:
- Selection of Date and Time of appointment at the concerned Indian Mission
- Calculation of Visa fee, service charge, VAT, etc. as applicable according to the Visa type
- ePayment* using service providers payment system
- In case the facility of Appointment Scheduling and e-Payment is not available for the concerned
- Indian mission, then the applicant has to take the printout of the online application form and visit the concerned Indian Mission to submit the same along with supporting documents and make the payment.
*The e-payment facility is not available for all the Indian Missions abroad. Wherever the said facility is not available, it is requested to kindly submit the application submission fees to either the outsourcing agency or to the Mission directly along with the supporting documents.
The fee depends upon the type of applied for and it’s the duration of the visa. Visa fee is divided into various types depending upon the case viz; Basic fee, special fee, processing fee by out-sourcing agency. During the online registration process, at the end of the process, the basic fee shall be displayed. However, this fee shall be indicative only and the final fee shall be charged while applying the respective counters Fee once received are non-refundable even if the visa application is withdrawn, the visa is not granted, or if the visa issued is of shorter duration of the period than applied for or otherwise issued or returned at a time or on terms and conditions that may vary from those sought by the applicant. For further information on this, please check with the local embassy office or Indian Visa Application center office or websites for information on applicable fees and payment methods.