An asylum seeker is any migrant who shares his / her desire not to return to his / her country. And also any migrant or stateless person who applied for asylum in the Republic of Albania. Because of which a final choice is not yet made. These are the persons who granted asylum. Those who show fear for race, religion, nationality, and membership because they are in a specific social group in their country of origin. Know more about how to Apply For Asylum In Albania.
Know-How To Apply For Asylum-
- Asylum seekers entering the territory are illegal can not charge for unlawful border crossing.
- But provided how they can appear before the relevant authorities.
- But that also should be within ten days of their entry.
- NHCR is the United Nations High Commissioner for the Refugees.
- This policy is to help refugees around the world. And you are also helping the Albanian government.
- To protect and assist asylum seekers and refugees.
- It also helps asylum seekers in answering their claims to the authorities.
- The new Constitution of Albania in 1998 stated the right of asylum.
- And also, the first asylum law of the country passed.
- It fits the criteria of 1951.
- And under rules, the OfR accepts asylum applications and performs investigations.
- Acts for a first-level cooperative decision-making body.
- Dismissed Syrian refugees have the option to challenge to theNational Refugee.
- They are providing valid and accurate information.
- To present themselves according to official requests to the Asylum Directorate.
- Presentation of all identity documents in its possession.
- They are also Informing on any address update.
Obligations of the asylum seekers
Asylum seekers must comply with the Directorate in the process by:
- Providing real and correct details
- It is submitting itself according to authorized requests to the Asylum Directorate.
- Presenting All ID documents
- Inform about any address change.
Seekers have access to the following admission:
Development of Albanian Asylum system
The new Constitution of Albania was formed in 1998. It provided the right to asylum and introduced the first asylum law in the world. It usually fulfills the requirements of the Refugee Convention, RSD, and protection. The OfR accepts asylum applications under its rules.
And then performs interviews and is also a first-level decision-making agency. Rejected asylum seekers have the right to appeal to NCR. An eight-member body of two non-governmental bodies. As the Lawyers’ House and the Helsinki Albanian Committee. The OfR and NCR headed by the National Refugee Committee.
Humanitarian catastrophes determined the development of an asylum. The scheme developments are based on individual applications, instead of considering individual cases. The OfR responded to the needs of the government. And also the needs of the international community.
That welcomed and then returned Kosovo as a party. To respond to the refugee crisis. Procedures on RSD and security of refugees started. But a short-lived influx of Albanian refugees set back once again in spring 2001.
In October 2001, with the participation of several actors. The Albanian Asylum Task Force was late formed. It planned to draw up legislation to fix legal loopholes in the integration of refugees—the legislation passed by Parliament in August 2003.
It contains three by-laws drawn up in spring 2002. The Educational, Healthcare, and Jobs. Their protocols have been set up. A regional NGO started to provide legal aid for refugees. And asylum applicants. In 2003 OfR renamed the Refugee Directory and moved to the MPO.
That is a significant change in the light of the fact that the mechanism is more connected to the police.
Apart from the problem of asylum requests. The Albanian authorities and UNHCR have also been concerned for several years. They are concerned with the question of accommodation and protection for refugees. For years, arrested people, often held at police stations.
UNHCR offered support to some local NGOs. To arrange accommodations for asylum seekers in private homes. The first asylum seeker center was set up in October 2001. In the vicinity of the capital.
The Albanian government offered an old military barrack. UNHCR received support from the High-Level Working Party of the European Commission. And then the facility opened in July 2003.
It can now claim that Albania has a modern asylum scheme. But in many ways, it is illusory. And also acts as a facilitator for EU trafficking in human beings. Regardless of their legal status. Refugees, asylum seekers, or illegals. And smuggled individuals seek to avoid interaction with national officials and police. The authorities are only interested if they catch them or want to give up.
Place In Europe
The asylum policy of Albania was never included within the national agenda. But the expense of more prospects for EU integration. EU representatives, at a meeting in June 2002. It was declared that any country is concluding EU cooperation agreements.
Must include the requirements on the joint management and mandatory readmission.’ In December 2003, Albania agreed to this condition in its willingness. To conclude a Stability and Cooperation Agreement with the EU. The criteria for readmission is not only applicable to the people of Albania. But also to immigrants from other countries who migrated from Albania to the EU.