- For fear of persecution on account of their political opinion, faith, ethnicity;
- Or because their lives, protection, or freedoms are in danger by systemic violence. Or other circumstances that have disrupted the public order.
How to apply for asylum in Argentina? A step by step guide
Every non-Argentinean citizen can apply to the local designated offices. These offices are based in Buenos Aires and migration delegations of the DNM (National Migration Office).
–The legal process is managed at DNM Delegation that’s closest to your native country.
An introduction to the procedure for refugee status application:
When you start this application process, you will have to take these steps:
– Complete the form given by the authorities.
– Provide a document like a passport, ID, or information that can confirm your identity. In case you are unable to provide any personal form, then you will have to explain why.
– After that, you will also have one or more interviews conducted by the CONARE officer.
– Also, inform your real place where you live and set an authorized domicile. Here you will get all the notices and official communication.
For the Provisional documentation:
- Across the national territories, travel freely.
- You can work formally in Argentina.
- Use all services relating to public health and education.
- The certificate has to be renewed before the Co. Na. Re, just before its expiration.
- If you have legal representation, then lawyers go with you during the interview.
- You have the right to request for a translator and to be interviewed by a gender official of choice.
- All details surrounding the application will be considered confidential. This can’t be discussed with the country of origin authorities in particular.
What to do after Asylum application rejection
The following rights and responsibilities have as regards refugee status in Argentina:
- Not to be expelled to the country where they could endanger their life, dignity.
- Not to be prosecuted for entering the country, if they reveal valid reasons.
- Don’t be victims of injustice or rights violations.
- Allow the refugee status determination process.
- Use provisional documents as a refugee status claimant when analyzing the application.
- You can travel while your request is being in the process.
- Free access to public health, education, justice
- Can start a company or a new job
- You can practice Religion.
People who are accepted as refugees are allowed to process:
- National Document of Identity (DNI), for free.
- Refugee travel log, paying the same expenses as an Argentine citizen.
Community sponsorship makes ordinary people and organizations the key to the integration process. And also give them the responsibility for the well-being of the family. For more information on community sponsorship, please also visit the GRSI website. Its primary purpose is to support private sponsorship experience and leadership, other countries.
- Groups of friends or colleagues consisting of groups of at least three individuals.
- Organizations that sponsor a family directly. Or through their resources and experience support sponsorship organizations.