Traveling to Switzerland!, you need to apply for the visa first to travel to Switzerland. One needs to apply for the Schengen Visa to visit Switzerland. This visa document will also provide you access to the Schengen area for three months period. The Schengen Area consists of a total of 26 European countries. Out of these countries, four are EFTA member states, and the rest are European Union members. A valid passport is mandatory for travel to the Schengen Area. Although some of the countries have abolished the need for a passport. These countries do include Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy, and others as well.
How and where to apply for a Schengen Visa?
There are certain things that you need to know before applying for the visa. Before applying for the visa you need to specify the reason or purpose of your visit. The purpose of the visit can be either family or friend visit, business visit, or any other. To apply for the visa you need to go to your nearest Embassy or consulate in your area or country.
Also, there are some other things which you need to keep in mind. Likewise, if you’re planning to go two or more countries at the same time ou need to apply for a visa differently. For this, you need to apply for a visa at the main Embassy of your country.
Mandatory Required documents for a Schengen or Swiss Visa Application:
- Application form: Fill it completely, and with sincerity. You may also opt to fill out and submit your form Schengen Visa application form online. You need to submit and print a hard-copy for your reference.
- Photograph: Need to get two recent passport-sized photographs. Photograph needs to capture on the light color background with whole face visible. Please read the following to meet photograph requirements for the Schengen visa here.
- Passport: The Passport must be valid for at least three months from your return date. The copies of your before issued visas are also needed for reference. And, the most important your passport must have at least two or more blank pages.
- Travel Tickets: A copy of your return journey ticket reservation is also required. Although it’s not recommended to get the ticket before obtaining the visa. Until and unless it is mandatory for the application.
- Medical insurance: A valid Medical insurance is also a required document. The insurance must be having a confirmation of at least 30,000 € coverage. The insurance needs to be valid within Switzerland and the entire Schengen area.
- Cover letter: This is a letter you need to provide to state your purpose of visit to Switzerland
- Flight itinerary reservation: The Flight itinerary reservation details are also needed. The itinerary will be specifying your travel dates and flight numbers. They can also be used to provide entry and exit details from Switzerland.
- Accommodation: Need to provide proof of accommodation for your stay in Switzerland. You can find out some good and cheap Hotels in Switzerland here.
- Marital Certificate: Proof of civil status. This can be your marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, and other documents if applicable.
- Sufficient Funds: For the period of stay in Switzerland. If you’re traveling to Switzerland you need to provide proof of enough funds. You need to attest to owning around 92.34€/day to stay in Switzerland. This owning amount is around 27.70€/day if the foreigner is a student.
- Visa fees for adults: Visa charges are applicable and will cost about Rs. 4500(approx. 65 $). This fee excludes the VFS charges and service fees.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Visa charges are applicable and will cost about Rs. 2700(approx.40 $)
- Children having age less than 6years: No visa charges are required.