The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the largest country in Central Africa. The DR-Congo is also known as Congo-Kinshasa. It is the largest country in Central Africa. However, it is in Central Africa, and it should have safari stuff. But, if you are going there to enjoy luxury safaris, accessible jungle tours. In that case, probably the Democratic Republic of the Congo is not for you. In this article, you will get to know that how to apply for DR-Congo. Also, what is the requirement to apply for a business visa, tourist visa? And At last, how long does it take to get the DR-Congo, and how much it cost?
TYPES OF DR-CONGO VISA:
- Tourist Visa
- Official/Diplomatic Visa
- Business Visa
Let’s know a brief description of these visas-
Official / Diplomatic Visa:
DR-CONGO VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Send two copies of the form to apply for a visa. Print, fill out, and sign. Leaving any part of the visa application blank will lead to the delay of the visa approval process.
- Images must be colored, have a white background, and show a complete front view of the face, 2 inches to 2 inches. To show your current appearance, these images must have been taken within the last six months.
- A passport that is valid. And for the next six months, your access should remain valid.
- A typewritten and notarized letter of invitation indicating the essence of the journey. Name and address of the place to visit in the DRC. (invitation letter to be notarized by the City Council or Prefecture / Mairie).
- The letter of invitation must be sent to the Visa Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Congo. It should be valid for at least three months (90 days). Evidence of a child’s birth certificate is also required for parents traveling with their children. Also, a photocopy of a valid passport should be sent by the person traveling with the minor.
Also, it is mandatory to get a medical check-up before you enter the premises of DR-Congo.
How Long Does It Take To Get DR-Congo Visa?
A visa may take up to 5-7 business days to process. So, it is better to prepare your schedule in advance.
Visa-Free Entry In Congo For These Countries:
Citizens of these countries are being allowed to visit DR-Congo without a visa.
- Republic of the Congo
However, the visitors of these countries can stay up to 90 days without obtaining a visa
How Much Does An DRC Visa Will Cost You?
Single Entry Visa:
Up to $ 100.00 valid up to 1 month (10-30 business days)
$ 135.00 valid up to 2 months within 10-30 working days
$ 160.00 valid up to 3 months (10-30 business days)
Multiple Entry Visa:
Up to $ 120.00 valid up to 1 month (10-30 business days)
$ 1500.00 valid up to 2 months within 10-30 working days
$ 175.00 valid up to 3 months (10-30 business days)
At last, $ 455.00 which valid for up to 6 months. It can take up to 10-30 working days.
Note: The cost may vary so, kindly check once.
Outlines for applying for a CEMAC Biometric Passport (the Republic of Congo only):
- Documents required for the Congolese application for a CEMAC biometric passport:
- An application form obtained by Direction Générale de la Surveillance Territoriale. ;
- Copy of an original Congolese birth certificate;
- 60,000 FCFA (approximately US $140) for application fees for passports;
- A copy of the Certificate of Congolese Nationality. Or of the Congolese National Identification Card;
- A photocopy of a former Congolese passport. Or other passports in the case of a Congolese nationality application;
- A record attesting the CEMAC biometric passport applicant’s profession;
- A legalized copy of the marriage certificate if you’re married;
- Information on your background with the judicial authorities. Or your country of residence over the last five years;
- Two pictures (4cmx4 cm format with a white backdrop and an impassive face in front of the camera).