To visit Austria for any purpose whether it is for Tourism purposes or study or work. You must require a visa for that if you are not a citizen of Austria. So here are some points so that you can apply for an Austrian visa.
- A valid passport or travel document. Issued in the last 10 years, which will be valid for at least 3 months after your departure date.
- A visa – if you are subject to the Austrian visa regime.
Who Needs a Schengen Visa to Enter Austria?
Third-country citizens who have reached a visa liberalization deal with the Schengen states. But they were refused to enter into Austria or any other Schengen area.
Which kind of visa do I need to visit Austria?
If you are planning for a short trip in Austria (up to 90 days), then you have to apply for a Schengen short-stay visa, known also as a C-type visa.
Depending on your purpose of the entrance to Austria, you can get one of the following Schengen visa types for Austria:
Austrian Tourist Visa – for those who wish to visit Austria on holiday or sightseeing.
Business Visa-for business people in Austria who need to attend business-related events. www.vfsglobal.com
Study Visa-for students wishing to attend a course in an educational institution in Austria for up to three months.
To meet the criteria for Austrian Tourist Visas, you must have additional documentation as follows:
- Bank statement. Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Travel Itinerary. A thorough overview of your trip to Austria including the intent of your trip to Austria, the time frame (the date you enter and leave Austria), Hotel/hostel reservation information in Austria, locations you expect to visit, or events that you intend to attend.
- Evidence of how you’ll finance your travel to Austria.
Requirements Premised on your employment status
In addition, you will need to send documents to the Austrian embassy/consulate that demonstrate that you meet Austria’s visa requirements based on your employment status:
- Employment contract.
- Present bank statements for 6 months at the latest.
- Leave permission.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Income Tax Certificate deducted at the source of the salaries.
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment.
- No-objection certificate from school or university
How Long Does It Take to obtain an Austrian Visa?
A Schengen visa can take up to 15 days to process, in a normal situation. In some cases, this duration can be extended to 30 because of the number of applications received by the Austrian embassy/consulate or because of the uniqueness of your case. To know information, check US Citizens Travelling to Europe and Austrian Visa Requirements for Green Card Holders and US Residents
Cost to Apply for an Austrian Visa?
Austrian Short-term visa
Austrian visa for adult travelers
Austrian visa for children (6 – 12 years)
Austrian visa for children (under 6 years)