If you have already a work permit, or you are Turkish or a Turkish Cypriot, you can just go down to see how to find a job in Turkey.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job. So go down to see how to find a job in Turkey.
How to get a work permit in Greenland?
Nordic citizens may settle and work in Greenland. But, certain occupations need special permission. Even if you are a citizen of a Nordic country. Citizens from countries outside the Nordic region must have a work and house permit to live and work in Greenland. Greenland is part of the Danish commonwealth and enjoys a high degree of autonomy. But, the area of immigration has not been transferred to the government of Greenland. It is Denmark that decides who can enter and work in Greenland.
There are certain occupations in Greenland that do not require a work permit. If you’re unsure whether or not this applies to you, you can reach the Danish Immigration Service via phone at +45 35 30 88 88 or by email at fo email@example.com
All visitors visiting Greenland must supply the following information:
- Full name
- Title of the position Job description in detail
- Job title and location details
Can you work in Greenland without knowing Greenlandic?
It depends on the work you are looking for. Some people will tell that you will have no chance of getting to work without learning Greenlandic unless you are qualified to teach English or some other language that is widely taught in Greenland. Some other people will tell you that they lived and worked for years in Turkey with just enough Greenlandic to order at a restaurant or to get a taxi.
If an employer is interested in hiring you from abroad, your knowledge of Greenlandic will probably not be important. So try to find a job and then worry about becoming fluent in Greenlandic later.
How to find a Job in Greenland?
You can start looking around at some useful job listing websites.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “Arabic tutor in Gaziantep” or “Delivery driver in Ankara”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
- Sermitsiaq.ag: The main job website in the country
- Norden: This website is the official website of Norden. It is for finding jobs in Norden,
- Career Jet: It has many job search options in Greenland.
- Denmark foreign Portal: Work Permit information for Greenland
Jobs in Greenland you can do
Part-time work is available throughout Turkey, especially in tourism (tourism). You won’t be well-paid for this kind of job, and as a result, it’s better for those young people who don’t want to save. For example, if you’re working in a bar, you might get paid enough for your rent.
Note also that many part-time jobs pay in cash and employers will not be sponsoring work visas. Although this is usually not an issue, you should be conscious that you can work in certain cases. Also, you should not any expect protection from dishonest employers.
Teaching English in Greenland
In case you are not able to secure a teaching job before you arrive in Turkey. Then you will need to visit schools in person to ask about openings. You must have advanced degrees and certifications for teaching to get the best jobs.
Try visiting some private schools if you feel your qualifications may be lacking. Make sure you have your passport, a copy of your degree, a teaching certificate, and a resume.
Also, Dershanes recruits teachers without formal teaching certifications.