If you intend to live in South Africa, you will almost certainly need a work offer before working in the country. However, if you have the right skills, you will easily find well-paying jobs. Temporary and low-wage workers, on the other hand, can be difficult to come by.
How can I get a job in South Africa?
- Prepare your CV well! It is the first impression after all.
- Know about the company background before the interview.
- Don’t talk too much in interviews.
- Dress up professionaly even if you are giving an online interview.
- If you are a fresher than develop your skills.
- Make your network strong.
- Job hunting can be a little tedious task, but treat job hunting like a job.
How to find a job in South Africa?
Employment openings are often posted on job and recruiting websites. Here are some of South Africa’s best career websites.
Online portals and websites for jobs in South Africa
- Indeed is probably the most popular site for job hunting in South Africa.
- Pnet is one of the most famous website about finding a job in south Africa.
- WhatJobs? South Africa is another popular job site in South Africa.
- Best Jobs has many job oppertunities for South Africa.
- Career Junction: CareerJunction is the leading supplier of quality candidates and employers in South Africa.
- Careers24: Careers24 is a leading South African career platform that helps job seekers in all industries and levels of experience find and apply for vacancies at hundreds of the country’s top companies.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “English tutor job in Cape Town” or “Delivery driver in Johannesburg”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
Other specialist websites
- Action Appointments, If you want to work for an NGOs or a development organization, this is the best site.
- CareerWeb is the only ICT jobs site in South Africa that has solely concentrated on the ICT industry.
- eFinancialCareers, If you want to work in finance, banking, accounting, and insurance sectors, than this site is for you.
- Micheal Page is the best site to find executive positions vacancy.
How can a foreigner get a job in South Africa?
- General work visa: Job offer first – To allow a foreigner to apply for a general work visa, you must extend a valid offer of jobs.
- Critical skills work visa: No job offer required- Since the applicant is seen as a worker whose skills and expertise are required in South Africa, the essential skills visa does not require the employer to make a job offer.
- Intra-company transfer work visa: Transfer from an overseas entity to a branch, affiliate or subsidiary in South Africa- Companies who wish to move staff from a foreign business to a branch, partner, or associate in South Africa use the intra-company transfer visa.
What is the most common job in South Africa?
100,000 South African Rands, ZAR, can be exchanged with 5916 Euros or with 7023 US Dollars or with 513527 Indian Rupees or with 45357 Chinese Yuans.
The most common job title right now is driver, which has over 8000 openings throughout the country. The average salary for a driving job is ZAR 300,000 per year, and the majority of openings are in the Gauteng province.
Plumber and Electricians
As per reports from Adzuna, 98 percent more people searched for plumbers, and 43 percent more people searched for electricians.
Some healthcare positions have become more common. The caregiver was one of the most common searched jobs on Adzuna. The average annual salary of a nurse or caretaker can be ZAR 300,000.
There is a scarcity of young and skilled teachers in South Africa. Additionally, there has been a large increase in searches for teaching positions.