Albania’s late embrace of free-market economics has resulted in a surge in job openings in Gjirokastër. As a result of the increasing quantity of foreign investment in the country, many industries are rapidly expanding.
Gjirokastër is a city and municipality in southern Albania, nestled between the Gjer and Drino mountains in a valley. The place is famous as a tourist spot for its Historical Museums. So, one can easily get a job here as a tourist guider.
Also, Agriculture is one of Albania’s most important businesses, but the pharmaceutical industry is growing in importance, and textile and metal manufacturing, as well as the services sector, are all contributing significantly to the country’s economic prosperity.
Looking for a job In Gjirokastër?
One of the most typical careers for ex-pats migrating to Gjirokastra is teaching English as a foreign language, but with the strengthening economy, there are also changes in a variety of fields.
Websites such as www.jobzella.com, Go Abroad can be useful for expats-to-be trying to find work in Gjirokastra, particularly as teachers. CareerJet and Dua Pune are also viable solutions for a broader range of jobs.
Jobs opportunities in Albania for foreign people
It will be the most straightforward way for you to teach English (if you are a native English speaker that is). All of the sites listed below are comparable and provide a huge number of teaching English jobs. Look through each website to check if there are any job openings in Albania. Also, check out this incredible table from the International TEFL Academy, which illustrates how much money teachers can earn in various countries throughout the world.
- ESL Employment: The layout isn’t the most attractive, but who needs a fancy website when there are so many English teaching jobs to select from?
- Total ESL: Another too complex interface, but plenty of job posts for teaching positions in other countries.
- Dave does an excellent job of aggregating some of the greatest job postings from across the world at ESL Cafe.
- Tesall is a large job aggregator for teachers.
Gjirokastra Work Permits
Albanian work permits are given by the Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth. Expats will usually receive assistance from their company in obtaining a work permit, but they will often require that you have a visa first. You can also read our article on visas for Albania.
A work permit normally requires the following documents:
- an employer’s letter to the expat,
- a certified and translated copy of the employment contract,
- a copy of the expat’s passport (if applicable),
- five pictures, and specific power of attorney for the business providing the service.
UNDP does not charge any application, processing, or training fee at any point of the recruitment process as a matter of policy. Please go to this page if you have any inquiries about vacancy announcements you may have received.
UNDP is now aware of fraudulent vacancy announcements being spread on the internet with the intent of convincing people to enroll for training and pay a fee.