If you have already a work permit, or you are Turkish or a Turkish Cypriot, you can just go down to see how to find a job in Istanbul.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job. So go down to see how to find a job in Istanbul. You can read this article for a work permit.
If you are not a Turkish national, you can still look for work in Turkey but you cannot get a work permit on your own. To get a job in Turkey, you need to have a job offer first. An employer, or a consultancy company, or a work agency should apply for a work visa in your name, once they have decided to employ you.
How to find a Job in Istanbul?
You can start looking around at some useful job listing websites.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “Arabic tutor in Istanbul” or “Delivery driver in Istanbul”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
- Kariyer.net is maybe the most popular Turkish job search site. It is only in Turkish.
- Indeed is one of the most popular job sites in Turkey. It is written in Turkish.
- Yenibiris A Turkey job search site.
- Eleman.net Another very popular job site in Turkish.
- Jooble is also quite a big website.
- Mitula is another classified ads platform with a section about careers.
- Sahibinden.com is one of the most popular shopping classified platforms in Turkey, and in the world, where people and businesses buy and sell a wide range of stuff and services. It has good job listings as well. It’s free for everyone looking for a job.
- Secret CV Turkey For help in finding work in Turkey,
- Learn4Good.com Includes job listings,
The Ministry of Labor and Social Security website can be used as a reference when in doubt about your labor right and Labor Law in Turkey: can be a good source of knowledge for many topics related to labor law.
A popular resource if you need to build your cv can be CVmaker.
Recruitment agencies in Istanbul for foreigners
Selecting a Recruitment Agencies can be a difficult task. But end you have to make sure you are going to legitimate agencies.
How To Find Perfect Recruitment Agencies?
- Give as much information as possible about the type of position you’re seeking upfront. Expect to be asked about the type of company you’d like to work for, how far you’re prepared to travel, and what kind of pay you’re looking for.
- Make sure your CV is up to date and accurate.
- Take the initiative and tell them your key skills.
Other ways on how to get a job in Istanbul
Have a strong network with ex-pats or Turkish professionals. You can ask both Turkish and ex-pat friends for a job opening in their companies.
You can join business groups on LinkedIn and other networking sites. Also, go to meetings and events where you can meet other Turkish professionals.