If you have already a work permit, or you are Filipino, you can just go down to see how to find a job in the Philippines.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job. So go down to see how to find a job in Philippines.
How to get a job in the Philippines?
Filipino people can get you a job in the Philippines without a job permit. You can just find a job in the Philippines. Go below to see different ways to find a job in the Philippines in person and online.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job and then get a work permit with the help of your employer. So go down to see how to find a job in the Philippines.
Do I need a Philippines Visa?
In order to go to the Philippines, U.S. citizens must get a visa. Prior to traveling to the Philippines. Travelers must get a visa from a Philippine embassy or consulate.
Can you work in the Philippines without knowing Filipino in English?
It depends on the work you are looking for. Some people will tell that you will have no chance of getting to work without learning the Philippines unless you are qualified to teach English or some other language that is widely taughtPhilippines. Some other people will tell you that they lived and worked for years in Phillippines with just enough Filipino in English to order at a restaurant or to get a taxi.
If an employer is interested in hiring you from abroad, your knowledge of Filipino in English will probably not be important. So try to find a job and then worry about becoming fluent in Filipino in English later.
How to find a Job in Vietnam?
You can start looking around at some useful job listing websites.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “French tutor in Hanoi” or “Delivery driver in Ho Chi Minh City”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
- JobsDB: It is a large job search platform in India.
- Glassdoor: It is the best website search platform in Vietnam
- Best Jobs: It is the best website to search for jobs.
- Monster Phillippines: The monster job website to search jobs in Phillippines
- Career jet: the largest platform in Asia.
Jobs in Phillippines you can do
Part-time work is available throughout Phillippines, especially in tourism. You won’t be well paid for this kind of job and it might be better for those young people who don’t want to save. For example, if you’re working in a bar, you might get paid just enough for your rent.
Note also that many part-time jobs pay in cash and employers will not be sponsoring work visas. Although this might be not an issue for you, you should avoid exploitation. Also, you should seek protection from dishonest employers.
Teaching English in Phillippines
If you are not able to secure a teaching job before you arrive Phillippines, then you will need to visit schools in person to ask about openings. You must have advanced degrees and certifications for teaching to get the best jobs.
Try visiting some private schools if you feel your qualifications may be lacking. Make sure you have your passport, a copy of your degree, a teaching certificate, and a resume.
Also, many schools may recruit teachers without formal teaching certifications.
If you are looking for English teacher jobs online then use a website like Dave’s ESL Cafe that offers updated listings of open positions.