To enter Cambodia, you’ll need a valid passport and a Cambodian visa. Tourist and business visas in Cambodia are valid for one month from the day of entrance. Tourists and business travelers can obtain a Cambodian visa at all main border crossings, as well as at the airports in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
To apply for a visa, follow these steps:
Apply for a visa and go through the pre-screening process (A valid email address and mobile number are required)
Allow 2-3 working days for a response from the Visa Office through email.
Wait for a confirmation email after you’ve submitted all of the essential papers digitally.
For visa type E and C applicants, you can mail your visa application via UPS/FedEx (preferred) or USPS, or submit it in person by arranging an appointment via email or phone call after receiving the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can skip STEP 1 and mail or send off your application instead, as long as you complete the procedures and requirements below.
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday
NUMBER OF CONTACTS: 202-726 7742 202-997 7031 (Khmer)
FAX NUMBER: 202-726-8381 202-726-8381 202-726-8381
The entry points to obtain Arrival Visa:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Bavet International Check Point (Svay Rieng Province) / Moc Bai, Tay Ninh, Vietnam
- Kha Orm Sam Nor International Check Point (Kandal Province) / Ving Xuong, An Giang, Vietnam (“Chau Doc crossing”)
- Tropieng Phlong International Check Point (Kampong Cham Province) / Xa Mat, Vietnam
- Banteay Chakrey International Border Check Point (Prey Veng Province) / Dinh Ba, Dong Thap, Vietnam
- Samrong International Check Point (Svay Rieng Province) / My Quy Tay, Long An Province, Vietnam.
Fees for Visa:
Fee for a single entry tourist visa (T) (30 days): US$ 30
Fee for a single entry business visa (E) (30 days): US$ 35
Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, and Myanmar citizens do not require a tourist visa and are allowed to stay in Cambodia for 21 and 30 days, respectively.
How to extend the visa?
Visa extensions are available at the Immigration Department, National Police, for both tourist (T) and business (E) visas. The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can extend diplomatic (A), official (B), and courtesy (C) visas. A tourist visa can only be extended once, for a maximum of one month (single entry).
A business visa can be renewed for the following reasons:
- For a month (Single entry)
- a period of three months (Single entry)
- a period of six months (Multiple entry)
- One year (Multiple entry)
- Overstayers will face a daily fee of US$ ten.