Employers in Amsterdam are increasingly prepared to accommodate non-traditional work hours, reduced workweeks, and remote work. The Netherlands is frequently regarded as one of the greatest countries for achieving a good work-life balance and general quality of life. The Netherlands is the world’s most English-proficient non-English-speaking country, making it a wonderful place to work for American ex-pats.
So, how do you go about getting a job in Amsterdam?
Determine whether you’ll require a visa.
Working in the Netherlands necessitates residency permission and, in some cases, a work permit. Your ability to obtain permissions is significantly influenced by your country and background.
Consider what types of jobs are most common in Amsterdam.
While there is much Dutch employment accessible in Amsterdam, some industries are more important than others. The Netherlands is gradually gaining a reputation for its technology industry, and it has long been a global center for consumer products. In addition, Amsterdam is a center for the creative industries, advertising, gaming, fashion, research, and life sciences.
Look for listings on the internet.
Online job searching is one of the most effective methods for finding work in Amsterdam. The following are some of the most useful websites:
- iAmsterdam’s Job Search includes open positions in many industries, specifically roles for non-Dutch speakers.
- Amsterdam Jobs Online is only available in Dutch, although it was produced by the Netherlands’ Public Employment Service and includes over 70,000 job postings.
- Expatica – If you’re looking for a career that doesn’t need you to speak Dutch, the job postings are mostly in English.
- LinkedIn is equally as effective in obtaining work in Amsterdam as it is in the United States.
- JobsInAmsterdam It is aimed at ex-pats and lists a wide selection of available employment across numerous industries.
Look for a recruiter.
In addition, there are numerous agencies and recruiters in Amsterdam who may assist you with your job hunt. The following are some of the most well-liked agencies: