Russia has diverse job opportunities and often the best-paid professionals are the expatriates. Expats employed in Russia are ranked 13th in the list of top gross income earners in 2014. All foreign nationals who want to work in Russia must have a work permit. Federal Migration Service issues work permits that you must be needed. Here is a brief description of How to Search a Job in Russia.
Most foreigners need a full work visa to take a job in Moscow or St. Petersburg, but there are some exceptions:
- Those people who have a permanent residence permit do not need a work permit
- Those who are working temporarily for a foreign country.
- Or often traveling outside the country. However, a business Visa enables foreigners to work in Russia for up to 90 days.
- Those persons employed in diplomatic missions, consular institutions.
- Media representatives accredited in the country.
- Those people invited to the country to teach in educational institutions. These kinds of people need a full work visa in Russia.
- Employment Contract with Free Text-
- Job Contract with Definite Duration-
- Seasonal Work Employment Agreement is only valid for 2 months.
Process for applying for a job in Russia:
The process of applying for a job permit is different for people of CIS countries. The latter allows applying for the permit in your home country and is valid for three years. But, to qualify, you have the least 2 million annual salary. When applying for the Work Permit in Russia, the process is as follows:
The government department sends permission to an employer to request the work permit. Afterward, submits an application to the Federal Migration Service with the documents:
- An application form completed in Russian.
- One-color passport photo
- Medical certification that proves that foreign workers are not a drug addict
- Does not have HIV or any other disease
- Receipt of the application fee.
How do Russians Search for a Job?
In this beautiful Russian cities, people usually find works through Russian job websites. English-speaking jobs in Moscow are teaching English and translation work. It should be remembered, however, that a smooth workflow is not always guaranteed. English teachers should look at BKC International and English First.
The site has more than eighteen-million visitors per month. It is a popular website in Russia for job search. There are many vacancies available for English speakers right now. Some vacancies need other language speakers also includes French, German, etc.
This is a less-popular website with no English need or next to none English-speaking jobs. But, if you know the Russian language, you can find work here.
This is the main Russian social network. If you show your creativity in your search, you can find some wonderful jobs in your native language. Search for those groups with your native language.
If you’d want to teach a language, you can write to the owner of the group to put your ad post on the wall.
Jobs in Russia
Russia is the largest country with many job fields that are ready to get a hand from foreign specialists. Let’s find a job in Russia, in the most popular sectors:
Russia Oil and Gas Jobs
- As Russia is the biggest exporter of oil and gas, there are a lot of opportunities to find a job in this sector. Check the current vacancies in this field.
Farm Manager Jobs in Russia
- This isn’t a popular job field for foreigners as it requires strong Russian language skills. Yet, provides a poor salary. You can search for work in this field on HeadHunter.
Nanny Jobs in Russia
- This kind of job isn’t well-paid. Many times native Russian speakers are preferred over foreigners. However, there aren’t a lot of JOBS in this field. You can still check out on Expat.
Russia Hotel Jobs
- As all hotel jobs are for Russians and an outsider both. But, you’ll need to have strong Russian-speaking skills.
There are many wealthy families in Russia who are keen on learning a second language for their children from a young age. English is once again in high demand, as it is the language of international business. If you are interested in working as an Au-pair contact Bonne International in Moscow.
Work in Russia for foreigners
- The Moscow Times Career Centre
- Jobs in Moscow
- The Escape Artist
- The Moscow Expat Site
- The Russian Connection Group
- paid annual leave
- support for workers 24/7 and flexible rota schedules,
- maintaining a healthy work/life balance.