Have you ever wanted to see the original painting of da Vinci’s? The Last Supper or Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus? How about Michelangelo’s famed frescoes in the Sistine Chapel? It’s time to say ‘Ciao’ to Italy if you nod your head in agreement or can’t prevent yourself from saying ‘Si’! While Italy is famous for its contribution to the world of art, this country offers a lot more. A trip to a Venetian gondola is a must for young couples.
In contrast, history buffs ought to place Pompeii’s ruins on their itinerary. And then there’s Tuscany and its lovely hills that attract explorers. And the Milan fashion scene that almost every woman wants to be a part of it.
You can fly to Italy at any time of the year. But schedule your holiday between April and June. Or in September and October if you’re looking for a budget trip. The tourist season starts in July and ends in August. But the best time to visit is from November to March if you want to partake in Italy’s cultural activities. At present, Italy has no currency of its own and uses the Euro. One Euro is equal to approximately INR 74 as of July 2017. Many airlines are connecting major cities in India to Milan’s Malpensa airport. And Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci airport, getting to Italy, is fast. But, you need to get your paperwork and visa in order before you get to anything else. Italy has been part of the Schengen region, or passport-free zone in Europe, since 1990.
ITALY VISA TOURIST
Italy is a touristic sanctuary in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. It has many castles and palaces. There are buildings in various architectural styles, a beautiful coastline, and lovely lakes. It’s no surprise that Italy tourism contributes a large part to the Italian economy. If you intend to visit Italy on a tourist visa, you must know the visa conditions.
You will need a short-term visa that is valid for 90 days to enter Italy. This visa for the short term is also known as the Schengen visa. The Schengen visa is right, as you may be aware. In all the European countries, which are part of the Schengen Agreement. According to the Schengen Agreement, Italy is one of the nations.
You can fly to and stay in Italy and all the other 26 Schengen countries with a Schengen visa.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOURIST VISA TO APPLY:
- A valid passport. Whose validity extends the period of validity of the visa for which you apply by three months.
- Ancient visas, if any.
- Passport size images.
- Copy of the form of your visa application with your signature.
- Proof of hotel reservations. Flight reservations and tickets. And a comprehensive schedule of your activities during the time of your stay in Italy.
- Schengen travel visa insurance or health insurance. For medical emergencies covering Italy and the Schengen Region. The least coverage of £ 30,000 is compulsory.
- Copy of a ticket for the tour.
- Proof of having ample funds to support your travel and remain in the country.
- Declaration of the bank for the last six months.
- Evidence of tax returns on wages.
- A cover letter describing why you would like to visit Italy, your length of stay, your return date, etc.
- Documents proving your legal status. It may be a marriage certificate, a children’s birth certificate, etc.
- Make sure that you meet the visa requirements. And have the required travel documents before you apply for a tourist visa.
- Ensure you pay the required visa fees
Tourist Visa Requirements for Italy
Suppose you intend to visit Italy for the sole purpose of tourism. That is to say, there in Italy. You may need to apply for an Italian Tourist Visa. For vacations, recreation, experiencing the country and its culture, or sightseeing.
Tourist Schengen Visa Required Documents for Italy
You must have the following extra documents when applying to get an Italian Tourist Visa:
- Statement from the bank. For the last six months, ideally.
- Itinerary of Travel. A day-to-day overview of your journey.
- Proof of how you are going to fund your travel to Italy.
- Visitor Visa Requirements for Italy.
- If you are traveling to Italy at the invitation of a friend or family member residing in Italy. You will be eligible to hold an Italy Visitor Visa to be able to enter and stay in Italy for a span of 6 months for up to 90 days.
Documents required for a Schengen Visitor Visa to Italy
You must have the following documentation when applying to get a visa to visit your friends in Italy:
- Evidence of the means of financing. Proof that indicates that you have enough money to support yourself. During your stay in Italy. It could be a:
- Bank certification, bank books, personal bank statements, credit card. Or balance statements over the last six months.
- Letter of Sponsorship. When another individual fund the trip to Italy. It is referred to as an Affidavit of Support as well.
- Itinerary of Travel. A detailed day-to-day schedule for your Italian tour.
- The Invitation Letter. You are invited to visit by a relative/friend residing in Italy.
- Evidence of association with the host resident in Italy.
How long would it take to get a visa from Italy?
The processing time can take up to 15 days for an Italian short-stay visa. But, depending on your particular case, this duration can be extended by up to 30 days. Exceptional situations can take up to 60 days. As other Schengen consulates may have to be contacted by the Italian embassies.
How much does applying for an Italian visa cost for Indians?
For Italy Tourist Visa with validity for up to 6 months, you have to pay INR 7,199. From this visa, you can stay up to 90 days in Italy.
How to make visa fee payment:
You need to pick the online payment mode as a Master/ Visa. Both credit and debit cards are accepted.
In general, it takes about 15 calendar days for a visa to be approved. The 15 days timing window is after the visa agent applies.
To visit Italy, do Indians need a visa?