The government of Malaysia introduced the e-Visa program for travelers to enter Malaysia. Travelers fill out an online application that enables them to apply for a visa to enter Malaysia. Visas via email reached to the applicants after filling the application form. Here is a brief description of Apply for Malaysia Visa.
Malaysian e-Visa is available to China, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and many more countries. All visa applications must be review by the Government of Malaysia.
The Malaysian government has three different types of Malaysian tourist visa for Indians. All the visas below are valid for up to 3 months from the date of issue and use for both visit/tourism purposes.
Malaysia visa requirements
A valid travel document must be valid for any person entering Malaysia. The document is valid for more than six ( 6 ) months from the arrival date in Malaysia.
Who requires a visa to enter in Malasia?
Sub. Continent Countries:
1. Bangladesh 2. India 3. Pakistan 4. Sri Lanka.
African Countries :
1. Angola 2. Burkina Faso 3. Burundi 4. Cameroon 5. Central African Republic 6. Congo Democratic Republic 7. Congo Republic 8. Cote D ‘ Ivoire 9. Djibouti 10. Equatorial Guinea 11. Eritrea 12. Ethiopia 13. Ghana 14. Guinea-Bissau 15. Liberia 16. Mali 17. Mozambique 18. Niger 19. Nigeria 20. Rwanda 21. Western Sahara
1. Afghanistan (Visa with reference) 2. Bhutan 3. Colombia 4. Myanmar 5. Nepal 6. PR China
Documents For Malaysia Visa
- The Visa Application Form (back to back) is entirely loaded with block letters of capital. The applicant should adequately sign it.
- Original passport -Machine-readable. For an applicant applying in West India, two copies of the Passport’s bio pages is required. Upon arrival in Malaysia, the Passport must be valid for at least six months. For Visa stamping, ensure that there are three full blank pages in the Passport.
- The specification is 3.5 cm X 5 cm 60 percent. The 70 percent face appeared in the white background two recent images. One loose and one on the application form. From crown to shoulders, photos clearly show.
- Confirmed air-ticket return within 30 days with flight information and E-ticket No.
- Applicants who have not traveled on a previously issued Malaysian visa. Must attach a letter specifying the reason for not traveling. Failure to do so would warrant a visa being rejected.
Is Malaysia eNTRI visa-free?
Malaysia’s eNTRI visa is not entirely free. Though the Government has waived off the visa fee of INR 1000, the processing fee is still applicable. Hence, you must pay for INR 1744 for your visa.
Beware of Fake Malaysia visa agents and scams.
Make an advance payment of say 10 to 25% before your visa is accepted. Once the Malaysia visa is accepted, an agent will then provide your visa identification number. This can help you to verify on the official government website and only then make full payment.
GETTING VISA INFORMATION
There are two methods to apply for a visa:
- Via a Malaysian Representative Office in your country of house. For more information, visit the Official Portal of the Immigration Department of Malaysia
- Online via eVisa.
What is eVISA?
eVISA is a free online platform that simplifies the visa application process. It will complete with the help of issuing electronic visas to Foreign Nationals.
Who Can Apply eVISA?
- Sri Lanka
Where to Apply?
- You may apply for an eVISA anywhere from this world except Malaysia and Singapore.
- Note: The list of countries will expand as more countries are added in stages.
How Long Do eVISAs Remain Valid?
- eVISA bearers allowed to stay in Malaysia for no more than 30 consecutive days per entry. It is dependent upon the type of eVISA that you have.
What type of documents needed to Apply For eVISA?
You need to scan and upload the following documents to attach with your application:
- A recent passport-sized photo. For the eVISA application website.
- The information page of your passport on the eVISA application.
- A valid and authentic return flight ticket.
- Birth Certificate of applicants who are minors.
- Documentation is the requirements of the country you are applying to.
Do Print Out eVISA
- Your eVISA will be e-mail in an A4-sized printout format. It would help if you did printout this.
- Kindly take note that your eVISA is an important document.
- You will be must produce it at all entry checkpoints into Malaysia.
What type of Documents Needed at Entry Checkpoints Into Malaysia?
- Print out of your eVISA.
- Proof of enough funds (Cash/ Debit or Credit Card(s)) to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
- You should have a valid and authentic return ticket.
- Proof of accommodation.
Is Malaysia’s Indian Visa-Free?
For Indian passport holders, Malaysia is not a visa-free country. Those who need to stay longer than 30 days or need a long-term visa. They must obtain a regular visa sticker to enter the country without any hassle.
Documents needed to apply for a Malaysian e-visa
After you have filled out the form, you will receive a letter. The mail has an order ID with instructions for sending the documents and payment.
The requirements for visas in Malaysia for Indian people are as follows:
- Color Scanned Front and Back Page Passport Copy
- Picture of passport size-soft copy
- Passport stamp page if you have visited any country before (Not required)
- Birth Certificate (if the applicant is under the age of 14)
- Flight ticket
- Details of accommodation
When you apply for an e-Visa via an official, you don’t have to think about the basics.
If you do it yourself, you have to follow the instructions strictly. Pay attention to and apply the measurements of the scanned copies. And images that are requested in the application form. The scanned copy of the photo you took must have a white background.
Thorough Review of Documents:
An Indian passport must be valid for more than six months. And two ( 2) empty entry and exit pages for stamping.
The applicant’s photo must be scanned with dimensions of 35 mm by 50 mm and stored in png.jpg format.
Ticket for the flight:
Copying of flight tickets to and from Malaysia is compulsory when applying for a visa.
The Booking of the Hotel:
If you haven’t done it, the same process goes with hotel reservations. After receiving the visa by hand, you can book your hotel bookings or reservations.
Certificate of Birth:
For eVisa SEV and MEV visas, but not for the 15-day eNTRI Visa. A scanned copy of the birth certificate for minors (less than 14 years of age) is necessary.