As it is only a short flight away, Singapore is a popular destination among tourists from India. The Singapore visa is a simple procedure for Indians. I have tried to provide you with an overview of the Indian Singapore Visa process and how you can get it.
How do Indians apply for a Singapore visa?
1) If you have a friend or relative who is a Singapore Citizen, you can make an online application. They will have to apply on your behalf for the visa.
2) The Singapore visa for Indians through Approved Agents. For the list of approved officers, click here. Most local travel agencies will have ties with the authorized agents. It is not very difficult to find a local agent to get a Singapore visa.
What are the required documents for a Singapore tourist visa?
- Documents for submission.
- Shape Fourteen A.
- Two-color photo of the passport size with matt finish. (tell the studio guys that you need a passport size photo for Indians with a Singapore visa. They are generally aware of the format and size. Don’t try Photoshop to edit the image.
- Passport validity at the time of entry into Singapore for six months. So if you are traveling to Singapore after two months from the date of the visa application. The validity of the passport must be eight months.
- Flight itinerary and hotel booking slips are necessary to apply for a Singapore visa.
- All the paperwork should be in English. If not, it should be translated from your regional language into English. The list of documents includes:
- Compulsory documents.
- Initial Current Passport with at least 2 blank pages and validity for 6 months at the time of departure.
- Passport of old, if any.
- Bio-data photocopy of the passport tab.
- Type 14A Duly Filled and Signed.
- Two recent color photographs with prescribed requirements by ICA. It should be taken no more than 3 months before).
- The supporting/supplementary documents if you have.
- On a case-by-case basis, the Singapore High Commission will request more documentation.
- A cover letter addressed to the Embassy of Singapore or the Consulate General. The letter should indicate the date of departure, the number of passengers. It should also state the intent of the visit. The itinerary’s specifics and the length of the stay in the country and duly signed by the applicant. If working, use simple A4 paper, and if self-employed, use a business letterhead with a stamp.
- Return flight tickets that were confirmed.
- Address Proof if there is a different address on the passport than the current address.
- Certificate of marriage, if the spouse’s name is not stated in the passport.
- For couples heading for a honeymoon, an initial wedding card is mandatory.
- Bank statements with a bank stamp and signature for the last six months. It is to illustrate ample funds for the entire stay in Singapore.
- Business Leave Letter (NOC), copy of employee ID, pay statements for the last three months. The ITR for the previous three years is working.
- Company Registration Evidence or Association Memorandum (MOA). Or Relationship Deed and Visiting Card, if self-employed.
- Copy of a student ID card or Bonafide certificate, leave of school, or college letter if a student.
- Retirement Evidence, if removed.
- No certificate of objection on 100 INR stamp paper and a copy of a passport. Or other non-accompanying parent’s ID if a minor is commuting alone. Or they were accompanied by a single parent.
- NOC and a copy of the husband’s passport or other ID evidence if the wife is traveling alone.
- Type V39A (Letter of Introduction) and a copy of your ID card provided by the Government of Singapore. Suppose you are invited or sponsored to stay at a hotel by a local contact or by Hotel Booking Evidence.
Application Process for Singapore Visas
What’s the method of getting a tourist visa from India to Singapore?
Choose an approved visa agent from the list (shared above) of ICA-designated agents. These will, on your behalf, can carry out the visa process.
When the downloaded visa application form has been completed. And signed, and the visa processing fee has been charged electronically. You can contact the agent to request the form plus documentation.
At extra fees, the agent’s representative can choose the documents from home. Or you can travel to their nearest branch along with the documents. Be sure to print the invoice receipt for the visa fee.
After scanning all the documents, the agent submits the documents to the Singapore High Commission. Or by SAVE on behalf of the applicant.
The e-visa print can be sent to your address by the visa agent. Or you can choose from the branch, whichever way you choose.
Singapore Embassy in India
In Delhi, Singapore has a high commission department. The general consulates are in Mumbai and Chennai. Always refers to the embassy closest to you. Chose the embassy that comes under the jurisdiction of your territory.
Address: E-6, Marg Chandragupta, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 1100211 Delhi
Tel: +91 (11) 600 0915 (Consular and Visa), +91 (11) 4600 0800 0915 (Consular and Visa)
Fax: +91 (11) 601 6413, (Visa) +91 (11) 4601 6412.
Operating hours: Mon-Fri, 0900-1300, 1330-1700 (Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays closed)
Timings for visas: 0930 to 1100 hours
Timings for collection: 1500 to 1600 hrs
Singapore High Commission in Delhi handles visa matters for :
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Arunachal Pradesh,
- Uttar Pradesh,
- Jammu & Kashmir,
- West Bengal,
- The Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Address: 17-A, Chennai-600017, North Boag Road, T. Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Tel: +91 (44) 2815 8207, (Visa) +91 (44) 2815 8208.
Fax service: +91 (44) 2815 8209
Operating hours: Mon-Fri, 0830 to 1300, 1400 to 1700 (Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays closed)
Collection Timings: 1600 to 1700 hrs (Travel Agents collection only)
- Tamil Nadu,
- Andhra Pradesh,
- The Union Territories of Puducherry,
- and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Address: 152, 14th Floor, Creator Chambers IV, 222, Nariman Point, Jamnalal Bajaj Lane, Mumbai-4000211
Tel: +91 (22) 2204 3205, +91 (22) 6150 2900 (+91 (22) 6150 2900)
Fax: +91 (22) 2285 5812 (Visa), +91 (22) 2204 32035 320312 (Visa)
Operating hours: Mon-Fri, 0900-1700 (Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays closed)
Timings for visas: 0900 to 1200 hours (public), 0900 to 1030 hours (travel agents)
Timings for collection: 1400 to 1600 hrs
Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Mumbai handles visa matters for:
- and Madhya Pradesh,
- the Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
When to seek an E-Visa for Singapore?
How many days should one apply for a Singapore tourist visa in advance?
Apply at least 30 days in advance of your intended travel date.
While the processing time for the e-visa is 24 to 72 hours, it may take longer in some cases.
Plus, you need time to send and receive documents by courier. If you are in a city other than those that have designated agents.
Singapore Visa Application Status
How and where will I verify my application status for a Singapore tourist visa?
You may use the passport number and the visa application reference number issued by the agent to check the application’s status online.
To verify the visa application status, follow these straightforward steps:
- Go to the official website of the ICA.
- On the left side, click on the Check Status / Make Appointment section.
- Under the Check Status of Online Application segment, you can find several choices. To open SAVE, select the Entry Visa option.
- Click on Enquire Application Status and scroll down.
- Key in the number of your travel document (passport number) and the reference number for a visa.
- The status search. You can take a print-out from your e-visa if accepted.
Singapore Time for Visa Approval
How long does it take for a Singapore tourist visa to be obtained?
The process can get a delay on weekends and public holidays. The e-visa process usually takes anywhere from 4 to 5 days. A longer visa processing time can take some applications.
Singapore Validity for Visa
How long is a tourist visa valid for Singapore?
The validity of the visa varies between 30 days and two years. It depends on the merits of the application. At the discretion of the SGH and the subject of the approval, from the date of issue.
Duration of the Singapore Visa Stay
How long in Singapore will an Indian citizen with a valid Singapore tourist visa stay?
One can stay and fly for a maximum duration of 30 days across Singapore.
The 30 days can be used at one time or can be extended by several entries. The duration of e-visa validity (2 years) from the date of issue.
Pre-entry permission to enter Singapore is called a Singapore e-visa.
At the checkpoint, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers determine. They then issue the immigration pass to enter and remain in the country.
Before leaving the checkpoint, it is advisable to search for your passport. The pass permit for the duration of stay given by ICA.
The length of stay granted is unrelated to the validity of your visa.
You will not get another visa to Singapore until the visa validity. The period expires in a situation where your visa validity period is still active. But you have exhausted your 30-day stay duration.
Tourist Visa Fees in Singapore
How much does the Singapore e-visa processing fee amount to?
The processing cost for electronic Singapore visas is about 30 SGD, which is 1534.73 INR as per the current exchange rate.
And if your visa is refused or you want to cancel the application, the visa fee is non-refundable.