If you’re a visa-exempt resident, you’ll need to get a UAE visa before your arrival. You should apply in one of two forms for a UAE visa. You can go to the embassy and apply for a visa. Or you can apply online using the services provided by iVisa if you are qualified. The second choice needs less time and effort. But only 22 nationalities are eligible for the UAE electronic visa scheme. If you belong to one of these nations, you will save a lot of time and money on yourself.
How to apply for a UAE visa?
The United Arab Emirates is a country in the Middle East part of the world. So, if you’re planning to visit UAE, you need to apply for the visa. Some neighboring countries like Kuwait and Oman that gives you free movement. But if you are from any other country, then you may apply for the visa before traveling to the UAE.
The process of applying for the visa seems to be simpler these days as you can apply for the visa process online. You can also apply for the visa by going to your nearest UAE embassy. You may use any of the following ways to apply for the visa process.
For the UAE tourists visa approval, it usually takes up to three to four days. But for the other types of visas like business visas, it may take a few more days to get approved.
WHAT IS A UAE EVISA?
UAE has started providing the e-visa to the citizens traveling to the UAE. The e-visa is an electronic visa, which is also known as a single entry visa. This visa is valid for 90 days. And the ticket has also lined with your password for a hassle-free check. Evisa is useful across all UAE emirates which come under the UAE province.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE UAE WITH AN EVISA?
Visitors with an eVisa can enter to the UAE for a maximum of 30 days Total for a Single Entry. Your visit is strictly limited to business or tourism, so you can NOT seek paid work or employment.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
If you find out that you are eligible for a UAE e-visa, then you can apply online. The application process created by iVisa is as accessible as it can get, and your efforts are minimal. You need to make sure that you can provide everything necessary for an application. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – all applicants are required to have access. That must maintain its validity for at least another six months from the date of arrival in UAE. If the document expires sooner than that, you need to have it renewed. Otherwise, you will not get your UAE visa.
- A passport scan – make sure that the scan in JPEG format.
- Passport photo – the photograph needs to meet the standards of a passport photo. Make sure that it is taken against a white background, and you look straight at the camera. Do not wear glasses, and headwear is not allowed unless you have religious reasons.
- Valid e-mail address – a copy of your visa will be sent to you via e-mail. Make sure that you have access to your account since you need to print out the visa.
- Means of payment – you will be asked to make the payment during the application process. Here you need a method of online payment. iVisa accepts credit/debit cards and Paypal.
When you travel with a child, the child in question needs to have his or her visa. That is why you need to provide a photo, a passport copy, and a birth certificate that is translated into English or Arabic.
HOW LONG IS THE UAE EVISA VALID?
The UAE eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
Three options are available:
- Standard processing –
- Your visa application is processed within seven days, and the price is USD 134.00 (service fees included).
- Rush processing –
- You will receive your visa within five days, and the total price of it is USD 164.00(service fees included).
- Super rush processing – this is the fastest option. You will get your eVisa in only 72 hours, and you will be charged USD 194.00 (service fees included).
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR A UAE EVISA?
You only need to fill in the application form with your information, and it will take you less than 10 minutes. Then, iVisa will take care of the rest. Shortly, we will notify you about the status of your application.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A UAE E VISA?
The application for a UAE eVisa has only three easy steps:
- The first step will ask you to fill in your general information. It would be best if you also chose the processing time from the options mentioned above.
- The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.
- The last step consists of a questionnaire. It is at this point when you need to upload your passport scan. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.
APPLY ONLINE THROUGH WEBSITE:
STEP 1: Book your Emirates ticket
- Log-in to www.emirates.com once you have a valid PNR number.
- Manage your reservation –
- Enter your reservation information and press the ‘Retrieve Reservation’ button.
STEP 2: Now Apply for a visa to the UAE:
- Press under Additional Resources on the option ‘Apply for a UAE visa.’
STEP 3: Go to Online Application
- Read the notice. Then proceed to the application module online. Just press the ‘Continue to Apply for Visas’ button.
HOW Can I Appeal For MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
You can apply for friends or family by first ensuring you have all the necessary documents. If you are applying for only one friend or family member, send your data here if you need to use it for more than one user. You can do so by clicking the ‘Add new applicant’ button in the application form. And fill the necessary details.
Student UAE visa
Before the beginning of the application process, you will need an admissions letter. You’ll then have to apply all your papers to the university that will handle your application for you.
- Filled out the form given by the university
- Passport copies (2-4 copies are usually required).
- Self-photographs (12 copies).
- Letter of admission from UAE University to which you have applied.
- Bank documents offering evidence of tuition fees and living expenses.
- Tuition fees and copy of the visa fees paid.
- Student accommodation proof.
- Evidence of degree, if you apply for a postgraduate program.
How much does it cost?
The UAE Government Services office addresses the visa processing fee. But the university you have applied for may still charge an extra service fee.
Depending on your degree, a health-insurance premium may also be needed. If not, you’ll need to get your health benefits.
A student visa at the UAE will cost up to AED3,000 (US$ 820) in total, excluding health insurance.
Can also work on Student Visa?
International students over the age of 18 may apply for work permits for part-time jobs in the UAE. International students were only permitted to work on the campus.
Thus, when studying for a degree in the UAE, you can apply for internships, work experience, or jobs to help finance your expenses and develop your CV.
In Dubai, students in nine innovative clusters can take up Jobs at around 4,500 companies.
How long does a Student visa last?
Student visas provided at the UAE for full-time programs are valid for 12 months. If your plan is longer than that, then after one year, you will need to renew it.
Charges for a student visa in Dubai
- Short Entry (visit) Visa: DHS 500 (1 month)
- Long Entry (visit) Visa: 1000 DHS (3 months)
- Student entry visa: Dhs 1,000
- Student Visa Renewal: Dhs 500
Highlights to recall in Dubai
Visas usually take 2 to 5 weeks to process after all the proper paperwork has been submitted.
A registered student with a UAE university or college can get a visiting visa. Cost is AED 1000, valid for 60 days (not complete two months), twice reversible upon payment of AED 500 fee.