Afghanistan is one of the easiest visas to get. Most missions will issue you a tourist visa with just an application form completed, a passport photo, the normal visa fee and a photocopy of your passport. Very often they will do it on the same day and with a smile.
How to get a visa for Afghanistan?
Apply at your local Embassy
There are various ways to obtain a visa for the Republic of Afghanistan. The most common way to apply at an Embassy or Consulate within your country.
- A complete Visa application form
- Two passport-sized photos
- Original passport and one photocopy of it
- The price will vary between 30€-120€ or $160 for American citizen (90 days)
In order to receive your 30 days tourist visa you need to personally apply at your nearest Afghan Embassy. It will take up to 2 weeks for the process.
Apply at General Consulate of Afghanistan in Dubai-
The easiest way to sort out your Afghan visa is in Dubai and there are no direct flights from Europe to Afghanistan, 90% of flights are via Emirates. This is exactly stopover in Dubai to organise visa. It’s usually approved in one day. It’s simple and very easy, anyone can go and apply in the morning and pick it up that same afternoon.
- Completed Visa application form
- One passport-size photo
- 300 AED or $80
Apply for Visa: 08:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Visa Collection Time: 02:00 P.M. to 04:00 P.M.
Types of Visa:
According to the Afghan travel and residency law for foreign nationals, here the following types of visas which are available.
1) Diplomatic visa (DV)
- It is issued for the holders of Diplomatic Passport.
2) Official visa (OV)
- OV is issued by the Afghanistan Missions abroad to the foreign nationals who hold Services and Special Passports .
- It can also be issued for those who enter the territory of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for conducting official assignments.
- The foreign countries, institutions, agencies and international organizations issuing visa for the staff of relevant authorities.
3) Business Visa (BV)
- BV is issued to the foreign nationals who enter in the territory of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for business, investment, marketing, commercial transactions, guardianship, liquidation, handling of corporate affairs and commercial property.
- Selling and buying property participation in exhibitions, commercial events and similar issues.
3) Working Entry Visa (WV)-
- WV is issued to employees, doctors, teachers, trainers, experts, engineers, pilots and the staff of ground transportation.
- The required documents are as follows:
- For one month, Single Entry is $100 USD.
- Extension of one year is $50 USD per month.
- Complete visa application form with a recent photo;
- Extension of WV is based on request of inviting departments.
4) Tourist Visa (TV):
- It is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to visit Afghanistan individually or with a group with the purpose of visiting natural places , tourists and historic sites.
- TOV is issued by Afghan Missions abroad.
- The validity of this type of visa is for ninety days and the period of stay would be for thirty (30) days, which can be extended only by the MoI with consent of the Afghan Tourism Department.
5) Visit Visa (VV):
VV is issued for foreign nationals that are interested to participate in sports competitions, exhibitions, visiting relatives and friends and conduct pilgrimage to holy sites in Afghanistan.
Student Visa (SV):
- It is issued by the Afghan Missions abroad to the foreign students who wants to study, work and conduct research within Afghanistan Government and private academic institutions.
- If a student has a government scholarship then the SV fee will be charged based on reciprocity.
It’s issued within Afghanistan International Airports and must accompany the request of the UN Offices and International Organizations with a written approval.
Transit Visa (TSV):
- It is issued to those foreign nationals who pass through Afghanistan with a valid visa or travel document.
- The validity of TSV for air passengers is for one month and three days of stay and six days.
- TSV is issued based on mutual agreement and reciprocity with the right to enter once or twice.
- Exit Visa (EXV): It is issued in the following cases to the foreign nationals who want exit from Afghanistan:
- If his/her visa has not been extended or any exit has occurred.
- If he/she is banned for traveling by court order.
- If he/she entered Afghanistan territory and sentenced to prison.
Consular Office Contact Information:
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-483-6410 ext. 1023 or 1026
Here is about how to a apply visa for Afganisthan!!
Post by- Karuna